Tuesday, October 26, 2004

LIFE

Life amuses me. It's amazing how simple words, gestures, and thoughts at any given time on any given day can completely change your life.

Lately I've been having those life changing words, gestures and thoughts. I would say for the last week or so, I really haven't been my usual self. I mentioned briefly yesterday about the emotional roller coaster i've been on. It's been along time coming. I spoke of going on a journey in this post... and honestly, i think this ride has finally come to an end.

I think I got on this coaster knowing that it would be over way before I was ready for it to... but I was too excited about the ride to NOT get on it, and to excited to worry about all of "side effects". So I got on, and I enjoyed every minute of the ride, except for the jerky ending... it kinda hurt...but now that the ride has stopped...and i have to exit... well, it's kinda left me sad. I knew it would, but I had to ride it anyways. At least I can look back and reminisce on how wonderful I felt while zooming so high above the trees. I'm grateful for that. And I'm now ready to move on.

Oh.... totally off of that subject but, what on EARTH was this lady thinking about:

Teacher Jailed After Fistfight With Pupil's Mother : Parent Ends Up in Emergency Room MACON, Ga. (Oct. 22) - A teacher-parent brawl in front of 19 fourth-grade pupils sent a mother to the emergency room and the teacher to jail. Teacher Katrina Ann Rucker, 30, is charged with battery and cruelty to children for allegedly beating a parent who tried to retrieve her daughter's book bag. According to police interviews, parent Lurella Amica went to Bruce-Weir Elementary School Thursday morning to deliver a note to her 9-year-old daughter. At the classroom door, the girl told her mother that Rucker had thrown her bag in the trash can, the report stated. Amica entered the classroom and tried to get the book bag, but Rucker grabbed for it and the two struggled, the report said. After Amica wrestled the bag away, police say Rucker picked up a chair and hit her in the back, knocking Amica to the floor. Rucker then began punching Amica in the face and body. During the fight, the girl was reportedly crying for her teacher to stop hitting her mother and ran up to them. Rucker then allegedly hit the child, pulled her hair and pushed her out of the way before starting to strike the mother again. Rucker dragged Amica by the hair outside the classroom, according to the report. "A school administrator and another teacher had to pull the teacher off the mother," Macon police spokeswoman Melanie Hofmann said. In Rucker's account of the story, she said Amica hit her hand during the initial struggle, Hofmann said. "The teacher said she was defending herself because she gets a shot in that hand and it hurt," Hofmann said. Amica was in stable condition in the emergency room of The Medical Center of Central Georgia late Thursday night. Rucker was placed on administrative leave. Sylvia McGee, Bibb County's deputy superintendent, said school staff called the parent or guardian of each child in the class. Social workers counseled students, and only Amica's daughter left school early...


Okay it isn't the entire story...but you get the point. I was so confused after reading this ish. I mean WHAT was she thinking about? In front of the children?? What is up with that? I mean, What was in that back pack that was worth fighting over? That article blew my mind. Ole teach was "bout it". I bet NOBODY gonna ever talk back to her in a teacher-parent conference again. lol


Anywho... I think i need to do an "Updates" post. I have been so caught up with work. I haven't really got a chance to keep you informed with the happenings. Lemme see... so i won't forget... i'm gonna give you a rundown of what i need to tell ya'll about....i'll link them so you can remember a little somethin somethin about what i've previously said about them. lol

* AM- i know i haven't talked about him since what... july? lol
* RH and
*my first love, Gerard, a guy named Talvis, and KS (which are all in the same post.)


and some new stuff...
* My best friend, Biah
* My crazy neighbors
* the little boy in my neighborhood that got ran over and
* the co-worker who has FINALLY worked my LAST nerve

Ps.. Oh yeah... and i posted a few pics from my momma's 50th birthday party...along with my cousin a few weeks before delivering Zoe. I still gotta get pictures of Zoe. For some reason all the pics I took of her already came out so blurry you couldn't really see anything. So go go my pics page. Enjoy.

*and um... and i am REALLY dissapointed in my Falcons getting SPANKED like that sunday. *wiping away tears*

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...