Thursday, October 14, 2004

When the cat's away...the mice will play..

My boss isn't here today. *jumping up and down with glee*

So I get to pitter pat on the keyboard for a little while before heading back to meeting deadlines. lol.. It's so much easier to take a break and blog when you don't have "Boss of the Century" breathin down your neck all day. So i figured I'd just ramble a little today because well... because i can. Actually I got a few things I wanna say...I hope the person in this first story doesn't get offended cuz I'm about to put him on blast. lol

I don’t get to meet very many new people these days. It seems that work, the gym, church, and home are the only four places I EVER go. lol. That isn’t really a good thing for a single woman who loves to meet new and exciting people. So you must understand my excitement when I say that I met one of the sweetest, warmest people yesterday evening while I was doing what I do and it’s funny because I met him first through blogging. :)

When I stared this blog last November, I never thought I’d have actual viewers/readers. I didn’t really know anything about the wonderful world of blogging. I knew nothing of blog circles...and having dailies that you link on the side... or comments sections... lol All I knew is that I needed an outlet and this was a wonderful way to start. I never thought I’d keep it up because honestly, I’m really bad at sticking to things. But lo and behold… I’ve found a passion… blogging is wonderful. So as the months flew by, I began to see how much of a community this really is. I feel like I know some people here better than I do at work… or even at church.

Speaking of church… that’s where my “online friend” and I met. He surprised me by showing up to Bible Study last night. And the funny thing about it is that I plopped right down in the pew behind him and had no clue that it was him. lol. In person, he’s just as warm and illuminating as he is on his blog. That’s a great quality you know, to be able to come across so wonderful and warm in all situations and circumstances. He finally told me who he was after a good 30-45 minutes of us sitting in such close proximity to each other. He was like “~~Sway~~?” And I looked puzzled probably for a minute or two (or three..lol), because I was trying to figure out if I was supposed to know who he was or not. I mean, he obviously knew me… and called my entire first name out... so I felt really bad for not knowing him. Of course he put me out of my misery by smiling and introducing himself…. “I’m KJD”.

It’s definitely good to finally put a face and voice with the inspirational words I read on a daily basis. I really enjoyed the chat we had after church. Unfortunately I was kinda trying to get out of there because... well... um... ya’ll remember I told you about the “matchmakers” at my church… well they were swarming around and they looked as if they were gonna start asking questions and I definitely didn’t want to put either him OR meyself in an embarrassing situation. lol I finally got them to leave the whole "Bimp" situation alone... so I don't wanna have them plotting and scheming again. lol. Anywho.. thanks KJD, it was truly an honor to meet you.



Moving on to other news…

I will be singing backup for a new and upcoming artist this Saturday at 5:30 in Stonecrest Mall. She and I have worked on numerous projects together in the past, and since she’s decided to go to the next level I her career, I decided to fully support her in whatever way I can. Her name is Janae and she is a wonderful, powerful singer. Here's one of her songs (click here) If you’re in the Atlanta area and have nothing else to do Saturday around that time... please come out and hear us aight! Yup!

Oh… and what’s up with this up Lloyd Banks thing? The first time I heard about it was yesterday through Grayse. Let’s just say that I WASN'T expecting to see what I saw. After my shock.. I just HAD to ask someone else about it.. (okay well some would probably say I just had to TELL someone else about it…but that’s neither here nor there. lol) So I decided to see what BG had to say about it since we were already in mid-IM. So I forwarded the link and of course BG, (who knows everything *insert eye roll* lol) was like… “that’s not Lloyd.. it’s this guy . Either way.. I think it’s so friggin nasty.

In fact.. I just lost my appetite… and that’s not good since I just gave blood and I NEED to eat something. Anywho.. I gotta get back to my day.. I think I did enough rambling. Gone.


" Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. "
~Psalm 3:74

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...