Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Just Writin...

Well today’s hump day… and I must say, I’m very happy that this week is going by kinda fast. Not that it’s been a bad week…but it’s just that I’m starting to run out of work to do here….and that’s scary. I’m afraid that they’ll see that I really don’t have much to do anymore and then realize that they don’t really need me. I need this job. I love this job. It’s great. And honestly I’ve gotten used to getting that big fat paycheck erry other Friday. So I’m ready for the weekend so I can figure out what kinda busy work I can do next week. lol

*** My momma’s 50th birthday is next week. She’s been talking about this party for like…the last month or so. She’s really starting to drive me crazy about it though. I’m like, “momma…. Please!!! If I hear one more word about a doggone party!!!”

But it’s all good. I know she’s excited… and she deserves it. I just wish someone else would help me with it. I’m not the “planner” type. I don’t like doing all that kinda stuff. I hate having parties for myself and I hate planning parties for others. I’d rather to just be told to bring something and be done with the entire thing. I think I get that from my dad. I hate being bothered with the details of things. I’ll do it if I have to…and I’m good at it if I do it… but I just really don’t like to. So I’m sooooooooooooo ready for next Saturday to get here so I won’t have to think about a party for a looooong time from now.

***My cousin is 8 months pregnant now. It’s almost time.. and she looks like she’s about to pop. Like literally. I wish I could take a picture of her stomach.. it’s so hard!! I thought stomachs were supposed to be soft and dough-y. Touching her stomach feels like touching a soccer ball…. And if you press a soccer ball… you’ll get the same kinda effect. It’s weird. Anyway… she’s mad at me. Again… I’m not too worried about it though. She has to stop speaking to me at least 3 times a year.. .otherwise I’d worry that an alien has taken over her body and she’s not who she say she is. This time she’s mad because this guy friend of hers is now very interested in me. Note: HE’s interested in ME… but SHE’s mad at ME… not HIM. I don’t like him like that. But even if I did, it’s no reason to stop talking to me. They aren’t dating.. never have, never will… PLUS she’s the one who gave him my number, without my permission might I add… so it serves her right. She knows that I’m a pretty nice person, I’m easy on the eyes and guys are usually attracted to me… so why even start something if you can’t handle the ending? What happened was that she told him it was my birthday a few Fridays ago and so he told her to tell me happy b-day. Well she said, “tell her yourself”. He said "ok". She gave him my number…and he called. He talked and talked and I talked back. Then he said, well since you’re so nice.. why don’t I treat you out. Of course I was like.. Okay cool. So we went to dinner and a movie that Saturday. Well my cousin was pissed. At least that’s what he told me when he came to pick me up. lol. She hasn’t called me or spoken to me since then. My philosophy is… She’ll get over it.

***Isn’t this some craziness… read it!

Okay I hate situations like this cuz you never know who’s telling the truth. And honestly I don’t want to take either one’s side b/c it would be too upsetting if I learned that they lying. I mean didn’t we learn anything from Kobe? Ugh.

Alright I think I’m about done rambling for today. I gotta at least pretend that I’m doing work up in here. Gone.

“A strong woman won’t let anyone get the best of her…
but a woman of strength gives the best of her to everyone.”


- Marta S. Hardy

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...