Monday, August 23, 2004

Changing laws....

How come only the bad things you say "hasn't happened to you" come true? Like... if I were to say that I've never been stung by a bee...and then forget or choose not to knock on wood... (a whole nother post...lol) then I all of a sudden HAVE to get stung by one just because I said I hadn't?

I just don't get it. How come the good things I say like.... I've never won the 5 million dollar lottery.... NEVER happens?? How fair is that? It sucks... I mean, has anyone ever sat down and really thought about that thing? I've been wondering if it has something to do with the 2nd law of thermodynamics. I mean, I know that law mostly deals with heat/energy etc...But.. it can be applied to life as well... right? Okay hear me out...

Part of the second law states that one manifestation of entropy (chaos) is the tendency of systems to move toward greater confusion and disorder as time passes. Meaning that the chaotic state of anything is wayyyyyyyyyyyy more likely to occur than an ordered state, so any given isolated system will evolve to it(entropy/chaos).

That kinda explains why we still gotta dust gramma's china even though she never uses it, and vacuum he favorite room even though no one's been in there since the last cleaning. Things just naturally tend to go downhill. It's an effort to keep order. So in saying that... it's easier for chaos and disorder to rule in most of our daily activities and etc.

This is my twisted thory/take/opinion on how all this ties together. Okay... *sigh* Ya'll ready for this...lol... *hoping you don't get lost in all my rambling*

Okay.. John 3:1 says that "Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."
and
I Corinthians 14:33 says, "For God is not a God of disorder but of peace"

So...to me that says that all things that He made, He made for us to keep in order and in peace. And according to the implications of the 2nd law, things will naturally take a turn for the worst even if you do absolutely nothing at all. So you have to actually CHOOSE to do positive, orderly, and peaceful things. You have to take ACTION and MAKE these things happen. So in sayin that.. the reason good things rarely just "happen" when we say it is b/c we have to kinda create it. The universe naturally gears towards chaos. Which is why it takes minimal effort for something bad to happen after we say it . Well....at least that's my theory for today.

I'm not sure i like that theory though. I mean...it's not fair. I have to work at good and bad just naturally occurs. Not to say that all chaos is bad.. i think some randomness /spontanaety/commotion is cool... it brings color to the monotonous dealings of everyday life...
I dunno... i guess it just bothers me knowing that if I want good things to happen I will most likely have to consciously make it happen. I wish it was vice versa.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...