Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Weekend Haps

So I lost my cell phone this weekend. I'd been asking for it for a while now. I always put it down somewhere and forget it. Given all that was going on, there's no telling when I lost it or where. I've ordered another one, but I've realized just how helpless I feel without my cell. I feel kind of crazy because before 10 years ago, I had no cell. I was just walking around earth all willy nilly with my beeper. Not thinking about who was trying to get in touch with me or anything. I was totally fine. Now, I'm spoiled. I'm constantly forgetting that I lost my phone and looking for it for a good 8 seconds before realizing it's not here. It's crazy. Can't wait til' the new one gets here.

Anywho...

I went out with friends this weekend. It was a much needed break from the stress of everyday with Usher and the parents. My friend flew in from NY and we crashed her sister's b-day party. How u gonna invite your friends to your sisters party? Well Tee did. We sat up there and ate all her sister's food. Then took over her living room and stayed until her own friends left. lol We so gangsta. She's used to it though. Anytime Tee comes in town, we always crash over at her sister's condo.

So around 11pm, Tee suggested that we go out to Barley's. The last time I went there was for the Atlanta Blogger Meetup in 2005. It was fun then, so I was game. Tee went upstairs and came down looking way too fly in a fitted purple sundress. She put her dreds in a cute updo and painted her lips with a wine color.

Okay then guuuurl! I see how ya'll trying to do. I said as I looked from one friend to another, one had on a cute yellow and white low cut dress. The other, a mini blue jean skirt and a cropped black top. I looked at my denim capri's and flip flops and felt soooo underdressed.

Hold up ya'll, I'll be right back. I dashed to my car, opened the trunk, looked through my bag and pulled out a red top with an attached black belt. It was funky! I mean not smelly funky, but hott!! Yes! Now, I know I have some heels up in here somewhere. Bingo! Some 4 inch black open toe pumps were staring at me.

When I came back in, they fell out on the floor. What? I said innocently.

I'm sooo mad you got clothes in your car!! One of my friends joked.

And shoes! Another one chimed.

I put on some clear gloss and puckered my lips. Ya'll know me. Don't act. Ain't nothing change. Sway stays ready!!

So we got to Barleys around midnight. Which I made known was TOO freakin late for me on a Saturday night.

I gotta go to Church in the morning! I can't be out all late. I whined.

No one cared.

We ended up chillin in the upstairs part of the building for the next three hours. I wanted a drink and quickly found out that my Apple Martini was $12. Um... yeah. I drank water for the rest of the night.
When I got home my mother was still up. I hate that she worries so much. My dad was snoring. lol He knew his babygirl would be aiight.

Sunday was a blur. I yawned in Church alot. When it was over I went toUsher's and chilled with him. We watched the BET awards since he missed it last week during all the trips to and from Augusta. One of his good friends watched it with us, so it was not that fun to watch. When the two of them are together, the conversation will be one of two things: Sports or Women. With Alicia Keys, Nia Long, Ashanti, Ciara, Keyshia and etc... sashaying on the screen every five seconds, you already know what the convo was about. Okay I get it, they're all fine. Great. Can we move on? Geez!
I know, I'm just hating. :)
Anyways, that was my weekend in a nutshell.

I took off work Monday (yes, again!) and hung out with Usher. Really I just wanted to go with him when he picked up his last check because I didn't trust him enough to not spend it. I had him put his money in my account so that I know he'd have enough for rent. Crazy huh? Hey sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

For some reason, my mood worsened as the day went on. All this ish with Usher in the past few weeks started to build up and before I knew it, I was yelling at him and telling him that maybe we needed some time apart. I didn't mean it for real. Well I did, but I didn't. I dunno. I was mad and frustrated. Upset and dissappointed. Sometimes I have a hard time accurately expressing what's wrong when I get like that. Anways, I made a big mess of things.

After he left his house and went for a walk, I got in my car to go home but was too shaken up. I knew I was wrong. Not for feeling what I felt, but for not being honest about why I felt that way. I didn't want to break up. I didn't need any time apart. The truth was that I was scared. Scared of the reality of our situation. Financial burdens are really hard on relationships and I guess I'm having a hard time handling it. I sat in my car for about 10 minutes before letting myself back in Usher's place. I figured he couldn't have went too far since he didn't drive, so I waited for him. After about 10 more minutes, I texted him asking him to come back home.
We ended up talking for real and I expressed my fears and frustrations to him. He listened then did the same. Sometimes I guess you gotta get these things out.

We had no idea what was going to happen next, but we left each other that day agreeing to keep on keeping on. Together.

Usher started a new job today. One thing I have to give my baby is that as much as he leaves jobs, he always finds another one quick. I am thanking God for that. Really. I am PRAYING that he can keep this one for longer than he usually keeps jobs. He's still trying to go to Af.ghanistan, but bills gotta be paid before he gets there. We didn't realize how long of a process this whole out-of-country job thing is. I guess they want to make sure everything here is taken care of and paid just in case you decide not to come back. lol I'll keep ya posted.

Anyways, that's my rambling for the day. Lata!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad Usher is gainly employed now!!! Now you won't be so stressed with him. Hopefully...lol

Anonymous said...

Oh... he found a job quick! That's grrrreat!

I sooooo feel you on not being able to accurately express what's wrong. It happens to me sometimes then I'm like "Why did I say that?!?!?" LOL.

Very good that you two were able to talk it out and not leave on a sour note.

wanda1234 said...

thanks for sharing...

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...