Tuesday, May 27, 2008

One more day

There never seems to be enough time to relax and rest during the holidays. I was soooo super crunk on friday while anticipating the LOOOOOOOONG weekend. But here I am today....trying to figure out how it's already tuesday.

My memorial day weekend was filled with sun, barbeque and family. Usher scooped me up from work around 1 on friday afternoon and I was grateful to be out of that place. Not that I was actually working or anything. Everyone usually takes the fridays before monday holidays off so I was pretty much here alone. I came and re-potted my plants, played mah jong, payed some bills and listened to music until it was time to go. But the fact that I had to be here made me anxious to leave. Usher treated me to the ghetto Picadilly's at South DeKalb Mall on our way to his house. I must say, the food was slammin. I usually eat lil sammiches or frozen entree lunches, but a sista had about 4 plates of food in front of her. Salad, fish and shrimp, macaroni and greens, rice with gravy, AND a slice of carrot cake. Mmm mmm! As you can imagine, all I wanted to do when we got to Usher's house was sleep.
We layed on parallel couches and watched his bigscreen while dozing in and out of consciousness for a few hours. I don't remember much else about friday. It went way too fast.

Saturday I ran errands with my mom. I swear she drains me. And my pockets. Ya'll I needs my money!! But my mom just has a way of always "needing" it more.

"oh baby girl, i really need help with the food this week. we have no extra money right now because of the mortgage and we gotta eat. do you have $____ to spare?"

sigh.

I know I can't keep complaining about her because according to Usher, I'm allowing her to do this to me.

So I guess when I grow some kahunas one day, I'll be able to keep MY money in MY pocket. Until then, I guess I'll be a miserable, broke, babygirl.


Anyways, after I watched my account dwindle and all the plans I had for getting myself back on track die a violent death saturday, I went to bed fairly early to get ready for my 3 service Sunday.

I finally rejoined the choir. I know, I know. I was supposed to be looking for another Church. But ya'll don't understand. I am really really really just not feeling Church right now. I feel like I'm going out of habit...and partly because i'm hoping that staying connected will somehow jolt that old wonderful Church feeling I once knew. So with that, although I don't like being at my old church, I have no real motivation for finding a new one. I'm afraid that if I stop going to the old church, I'll get tired of visiting other churches and stay out all together.

So I've sucked up my ill feelings for our Pastor, and started participating in the services.

After Church, the Fam. went to Grant Park and had a nice relaxing barbeque. Usher showed his behind as he does at all family functions. For the last month or so, he's been doing comedy at a local club. Of course he invited everyone to come out and see him. I am sooooo hoping none of them show up. lol

I support Usher and his dream, but his act is way too vulgar and I do NOT want my family seeing his show. I am positive that they will no longer like him. lol

But yeah, the barbeque was good. My uncle burnt up the hotdogs. I was the only one eating them though. lol
I don't now what it is about me and burnt meat, but if I'm eating bacon, sausages, hot dogs, bratworths, etc... them joints betta be a lil crisp. I don't know why I like it that way but I do.

I got to play badminton, which is like my favorite game EVER! I was whoopin tail left and right!
Usher did beat me in the one-on-one game though. He sucks. I thought I had him, then next thing I know, WHAM! I fell into a hole I didn't see. It was soooo not cute. I just couldn't preserve my sexy I guess. *shrug* At least I didn't hurt myself. Although I WAS sore yesterday. I'm so clumsy. lol

Yesterday my dad finally got his truck fixed. YAY!!! After 3 days of waiting, the man finally showed up to fix on it. I was so happy. No more carpooling! Hooray! Not that I didn't love spending my mornings with my dad...it's just that, I felt stranded with out access to my own car. And he felt bad about having to use mine. So we're finally back in business! Thank the Lawd!

Usher called around 1 to say that we were invited to his best friend's brother's barbeque. (wow that was a mouthful) I was all for free food, so we headed down there around 2:30 and ate to our hearts content.

We spent alot of the day talking about veterans and the military. Usher was a marine for a few years and had alot to say about it. Well he has alot to say about everything.

Next thing i know, here I am. Back at work. No rest day. No lounging in my pj's and not taking a shower day. No read an entire book day. Nothing. Man, that sucks.

I need ONE more day.

Don't I always?

Hope your memorial day weekend was grand!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I feel you on the needing one more day. I work at a school and we had the entire summer off. Now that I am back working, I am wondering why the weekend is only two days...I haven't been back to church since I started working yet, because I don't feel like its enough time on the weekends. They didn't seem this short before the summer....lol!

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...