Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Progress

Work’s been getting in the way of my blogging. *hmph* Actually I’m not mad about that. I like it when I’m busy. Makes the days go by faster and the faster the week goes, the faster the weekends get here and I’m able to see my suave sexy papi for 3 days straight. *sigh* It is really getting exhausting living so far away from each other. Gas prices makes a sista think twice about seeing TG everyday during the week. Never has shacking up seemed so good. lol. So we on this whole… “I miss you”… “I miss you too” thang on the phone everyday…counting down the days, hours, minutes, seconds until we can see each other again like in highschool and carless. I usually go visit him so that our quality time can be maximized. I like our privacy. At my house...ain't none of that. So I usually make that long journey...and it's worth every second. But still, days like today, a sista wish she had her own place so he could be there when i got home. I hate that I still live with my parents. UGH! I’m a grown woman. A grown woman sneaking around with a grown man. NOT a good look. haha. I hate not being able to just be straight up with my folks and say "LISTEN … I’m going to spend the week/ weekend with my man so I won’t be home." But I guarantee the day those words come out of my mouth,my stuff will be on the side of the road along with my parental divorce papers. *smh* Being a PK (preacher’s kid) is hard. They don't take no junk. No matter how GROWN you are…you still gotta obey the rules. And Mrs. Warner ain't having no form of shackin while she's alive and well.

I know I know… the simple solution would be to get my own place. BUT…I didn’t wanna get my own place knowing that soon we’ll be married and would need to start looking for a bigger place together since the kids will prolly wanna come live here…and trust me, I just can't get the bigger place now and try to foot that bill by myself and still live comfortably…so I figure I’d just suck it up and save all the money I can now. I’ll just lie to the parents some more…and settle for seeing TG on the weekends. Just ain’t right…but I gotta do what I gotta do. *sigh* Anywho…that will be all over soon. Were finally on our way…

TG and I went to our first counseling session. *singing Hallelujah and exhaling*

It’s really happening!! *jumping up and down* I must say, I was a little more nervous than he was. Heck…I was still in dance practice 20 minutes AFTER we were supposed to start our meeting. TG had left praise team rehearsal promptly at 11:30am (our meeting time). He and Pastor talked until about 11:50 and realized that I wasn’t making any effort to try and sneak out of class to get to them. Pastor actually had to come IN the class like my daddy or something and motion me to GET MY TAIL in his office. I hung my head as if i was about to get in trouble, and drug my feet into his office. I was scurred. I was sweating buckets. Sure some of it was from all those doggone dance moves we were doing, but I know most of it was because it was really going down. We were really here… talking about marriage….with the Pastor. *temperature…rising…heartbeat…increasing*

I really didn’t know what to expect. Were we gonna have to take one of those… “how well do you know your mate” quizzes…and if we fail..be banned from our sessions until further notice? Was pastor gonna fire a bazillion questions at me about why I love him and why do we wanna get married? Was I gonna have to talk about my trust issues with men, and my past hurt from my ex fiancé? What are we gonna talk about for the next hour and a half????

My fears were quieted after Pastor just talked for a while and asked questions I knew answers to and was comfortable talking about. *sigh of relief* Really, he just set up talking points for TG and I to discuss on our own until the next session. (ie…money, credit, the EX, the kids, our fears, who’s church will we attend, the wedding date, learning how to be flexible, being spiritually grounded, balancing worlds and etc) We’ve actually talked about ALL of this already, so I felt good leaving Pastor's office knowing that TG and my communication skills with each other is on point. We’re ahead of the game! Yeah baby! *kissing TG’s picture*

Anyways… I had so much I wanted to talk about today, but work calls…so maybe later. Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...