Wednesday, June 16, 2004

I was...

...listening to some old joint i made a few years back yesterday in the car. I was in the mood for those early 90's songs. You know.... the ones where as soon as it comes on, everyone stop what they doin to throw their hands up, girate their hips, cock their head to the left, close their eyes, bite their lips, and say "OOOOOOhhhhhhh" right before they start snapping their fingers and singing along. I mean, I went hunting for this CD monday because I practically threw out all the CD's I had that wasn't gospel/jazz/or classical last year. I found it stashed away in my "special safe" on which I wrote, "can't open til marriage". (lol - wishful thinking) Actually, I found a lot of interesting things in there that I can't wait to use, put on... re-use... etc.

Anywho...I found the CD I was yearning to hear and put it on blast while everyone else was bumpin some "You don't want drama" and "White tee" (okay why do i really, REALLY like this song... to the point where if it comes on, I'll turn that ish up to level "ear ache" and magically transform into the most ghetto-fied being. lol)

My cousin was not amused. I think she was too wired and crunk up for all my soft bedroom music. All while I was listenin to my slow jams... she was like... okay, this is the jam, but can you listen to this later!

She claims that "NEW NEW" will make you listen to that kinda ish in the middle of the day for no reason at all. Though I pretended not to hear her, my smirk probably gave away the fact that I completely agree.

Movin on....

Over the last month... my ex TD has been calling me quite frequently. He keeps telling me that he can't stop thinking about me and that the more we talk the more he realizes how much he misses me and how irreplaceable I really am. I dunno what to think about that. This IS the same guy that I couldn't pay to call me/miss me/love me when we were together. Now he's been in texas for a good....9 months now (which is longer than we dated) and he's all of a sudden.. "missin me"? What's that about? I dunno. Maybe he's trying to see if I'm still stuck on him or something... Or maybe he's getting ready to come back to the ATL for a few and wanna set up his "booty call" now. lol. Or maybe just maybe.... absence does make the heart grow fonder. Maybe one does miss something when it's gone. Hmmm...

Well whatever the reason for this sudden realization of feelings on his part, I don't see myself backtracking for him.



Song list:

Boys II Men - Ooh Ahh
Mint Condition - Pretty Brown Eyes
Barry White/James Ingram/Al B Sure/El Debarge - Secret Garden
Joe - All the things your man wont do
Boys II Men - I'll make love to you
Janet - Anytime Anyplace
Shai - Lose Control
After 7 - Takin my time
H-town - Knockin da Boots
R. Kelly - Sex me
Silk - Freak me
R. Kelly - Bump n Grind
Keith Sweat-make it last forever
Az Yet - Last Night
Jamie Foxx - Infatuation
Jodeci - My heart belongs to you


No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...