Monday, June 21, 2004

Sneakin' - Playin' - Freakin'

Okay... this weekend was pretty fun. I've never been a good story teller..or writer for that matter... so I KNOW I won't give it any justice. I wish someone else could write about it...but none of the ppl I hang with really do the blog thing. Oh well. I guess I'll just give the facts... I'll leave out the juicy stuff until I decide to give that private journal a try.

Friday - AM and I went to the movies. (yeah i know i said i was through dealin with him...but dang... i couldn't pass up dinner and two movies.) I left work early friday b/c the power went off around lunch. I can't believe these slave drivers made us stay until 2:30 in the dark...and heat...just to tell us that we can go home now b/c the power wouldn't be back on until that evening. (i could have told them that 10 minutes after it went off...) So, I go over AM's house earlier than expected and he was in mid workout. I didn't bother to join in. I was feeling lazy so I layed on the couch and listened to his "too crunk to just sit there" music. When he finished, we went to Clark (CAU) track so that he can run his mile. I sat on the bleachers and watched him run round and round. For a big guy... this brotha has some stamina. Actually for any type of brotha... big or small... AM is really quite athletic. You couldn't tell by just looking at him though.. He's big, but he can do his thang.
Anyway, we went to back to his apt. ...he took a shower and we left for O'Charleys. Okay... why was our waiter SOOOO SEXY. His eyes were like.... gray/green/hazel I don't know... but they were soooo mezmorizing. As soon as he came over I was like. Dang! I can't even holla. *shaking my head*

It's weird going out with AM because even though we're just friends, I'd feel weird talking to someone else while with him and vice versa. I usually don't have that problem. I knew the waiter was interested though b/c when AM went to the bathroom, he started flirting HARD. Too bad it wasn't enough time to exchange numbers or somethin....

Anywho... we went and saw Shrek II b/c I had told him I wanted to see it a few weeks earlier. HOWEVER, I didn't have the heart to tell him I had saw it already last saturday with Anthony (yeah, they know about each other.) ... so we ended up sneaking (b/c AM thinks sneaking in movies is fun. *still scratching my head about this*) in to see The Chronicles of Riddick so that i wouldn't feel bad about him spending money to take me to a movie I already saw. (even though i guess i should feel bad about sneaking in the movies. Oh well.)

Anyway, after that... i was tired and told him I was gonna go home. So i did.

Saturday - I woke up in a seriously funky mood. Actually almost all day saturday I was in a seriously funky mood. I spent most of the day by myself. Mostly because I wanted to sort out these crazy knots in my stomach. I didn't really know the exact reason why I was so nervous. Okay I'm lying.. yes i do... here's what happened...


Flashback... when I first met Anthony's homegirl, Ms. I-like-your-man-but-he-just-wanna-be-friends, came over b/c he cuts her hair and she and I began talking. We found out that we all had some mutual friends and we was like oh yeah.. I was at this and that too... and blah blah blah. Well, she asked me if I was going to "Crabnic" which is really a huge party some of friends have annually at someone's house/complex/clubhouse/etc. where everyone gets drunk, eat up all the food, dive in the pool, and freak on each other. I went last year. (i found out that anthony was supposed to go but didn't....i also found out that he was at the superbowl party i was supposed to go to but didn't. isn't it amazing how life works out... 2 times we should have met prior to our actual meeting. i wonder if we would have even talked to each other in those type of settings??)

Anyway, I told her that I didn't know if I was going or not b/c my folks hadn't told me about it yet. So um, for the last month, Anthony's been asking me if I'm gonna go. My reply has been i dunno, probably and I'd asked him if he was going this year. His reply was the same as mine.

Okay flashforward... I decided to go this past week but everytime I got ready to tell him, something came up... and I was like... i'll tell him next time we talk. So now it's saturday morning and I'm just now telling him I'm going when he called me to ask what I was getting into that day. Okay... so now he knows I'm going. I know he's going too... but he didn't offer for us to go together. He said he'd call me later. I said okay hung up and felt confused, angry, excited, anxious ... Okay...Why did he call just to see what I was doing that day and that's it? I mean, he already have plans so why call me now? and...WHY didn't he wanna go with me? Did I wait too late? Why do i care? I'll see him there... wait...Do I really wanna see him there? Do I want him to see me there? Doing what I do... will i have fun if he's there? Will we act like we are talking? Or will it be one of those...who can make who more jealous nights? Why am I stressing over this?

So these million and 2 questions are mulling over in my head... and it was beginning to make me feel funny...so per CeeCee's post, I decided to loved on myself. I got a mani/pedi, then went to the mall, bought me a little outfit for the "event" that night. Went and got a $15 eyebrow waxing....and a "mini-makeover" Even though they never put much makeup on me. I always feel like my makeovers consist of black eyeliner and lip gloss. What's that about?

While I was getting my "wax", Anthony called. He asked me what time I was going to "The Remedy" (they changed the name at the last minute. lol). I told him I didn't have a specific time. I was just gonna go whenever. It started at 5 and it was already about 5:30... so really, I was just wasting time until the sun went down a bit. He finally asked me if I mind going with him. I paused for a sec. hoping not to sound to excited and I said okay. It actually came out more like I DIDN'T wanna go with him. And as soon as I said it, I knew he felt that way too. Why do i do that. I've been waiting ALL day for him to ask me to go...and he does...and I act like I didn't really wanna go with him. I could have kicked myself right then. Anyways... I made up for it at the party. By the end of the night...he KNEW I wanted to be there with him... and I KNEW he wanted to be there with me.

I had soooooooooo much fun. I know it's not fair to post this long boring story and not give you the juicy details of the shake your booty/p...eating/and wet t-shirt contests...
I know, I know.. it's wrong not to tell you about Mario...or the orgy goin on in the corner of the swimming pool... or about his "homegirl" who got straight gone and started saying a little too much and I had to put ole girl in her place. I know it's wrong.. I KNOW IT. I'd be mad too if I read this ish and didn't get any details. lol BUT... it's coming. trust me. it's coming.
For now. all i'll say is... Anthony won the p...eating contest. ;) Nuff Said. lol

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...