Friday, May 28, 2010

Another beautiful Friday

I’m missing my man like crazy. He’s in Vegas living it up…but he’s still calling me like 4 times a day. I love it. If it wasn’t for the fact that I’m staring at boring grey walls at work, I’d feel almost like I was there with him. He’s keeping me up to date with everything and I love him for it. I’m ready for him to come home though. I miss him a lot.
I need a hug. L

Other than that, I’m in a really good place. Today is my dad’s birthday. Hooray! I soooo love my daddy. He’s a bit depressed because of his whole job situation, but he should be working next week, which is good. Maybe our celebration today, followed by starting work should lift his mood. It’s funny how much we long to take days off when we’re working too many days…and long to work when we have too many days off. Eh. Life is funny that way. During summer, we complain that it‘s too hot…and are ready for cooler days. In the winter, we complain that it’s too cold, and we’re rushing summer again. We are constantly unsatisfied creatures…even when we get what it is we think we want.
I personally think it’s because we’re always trying to fill a void that can’t be filled without spiritual intervention. Anywho… I digress. *stepping off the first step of the soapbox*

I have no idea where we’re going tonight…but it should be fun. And it will take my mind off of Usher.

Today is also my friend Tiff’s 30th birthday. Go Tiff! She has some things planned for us tomorrow. Not sure what…but we can’t go wrong with a girls day. The older I get, the more I enjoy hanging with my girls. I’m just glad I even have girls! I’ve always been kind of a loner my entire life…and the only friends I had was pretty much guys. Of course the older I get…the less guy friends I have. But I’m totally okay with that. Anywho… I’m sure we’ll have a blast celebrating with Tiff tomorrow and before I know it, Sunday will be here.

I have to sing Sunday, which means my late night with Tiff is going to be a mess for me that early Sunday morning. I’ll make it though. I’m glad I can sleep in Monday.

Do you know I’ve been waiting for this holiday for two months!! I miss my friggin PTO days. I’ve had to work 3.5 straight months without it. I think we should invent another holiday to put in between Jan and May so that I can take off from work doggonit!

Speaking of the holiday… I’m definitely praying for the families that have lost loved ones in the Service. May God Bless us all!

1 comment:

Journey said...

Come back Sway......I'm back.

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...