Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Friday

I love days like today.
I feel like Ice Cube. Today is definitely a good day.
I guess it's the universes way of helping make up for the not so good day I had yesterday. lol
I went all out this year for valentine. Usher told me to pick any place i wanted...and well...ya'll know i can be extra. I chose a nice, high-end restaurant in Buckhead which we had to be put on a waiting list for. They called Wed night to say that a slot had opened up and we could come at 9:15. I was elated.
I took off from work yesterday in hopes of creating a nice, cozy, V-day spirited living room. I bought a billion candles and some wood for my fire place. I had assorted fruits and chocolate, caramel, and whip cream. I, by myself i must add, moved ALL my furniture (it's a miracle my back isn't hurting from moving my heavy sofa) to the walls so that there's a huge open space in front of the fireplace. I put rose petals everywhere. I had oils, champange, movies, music...the works. I love being romantic. I know I probably should have let him do something, but i dunno... I never really end up with the truly romantic type. Sure Usher tries... and he does a good job. But no one can romance me like me. lol So I made my place Sway-worthy. It was absoulutely lovely. I finished cleaning, vacumming, washing, and setting everything at about 2pm. I was on my way out to get my hair and nails done. While I was waiting for my car to warm up, I decided to check on Usher. He thought I was at work. I didn't want him to know what I had been up to all morning. He was off this thursday, which is the only reason we were able to celebrate together anyways. When he picked up, I immediately knew something was very wrong.

"Sway, I think I need an ambulance" He barely whispered into my ear.

"Are you serious?" I practically yelled. I know he was a little under the weather the night before, but I figured with a little Nyquil and rest, he'd be fine by now.

"Yeah. I can't even get up. I feel so weak. I'm so sore. I need to go to the hospital."
He reaked in pain.

"I'll be there in 3 minutes." I said, not caring that he wasn't supposed to know about me being off.

When I get there, the door was unlocked and he was laying on the floor in between his room and the kitchen.

"How long have you been down here?"

"Just since you called. I didn't have the energy to go back to my room after unlocking the door"
He said.

He looked really pitiful. His bulky 6'1 frame seemed so feeble and frail on the floor. I gave him some gatorade and vitamin C and helped him maneuver himself out the door and into my car.

I'm such a slow driver! I hate that even in emergencies, I can't do anymore than 70...75 at the max. People zoom by me like i'm driving 15 mph here in Atlanta.

We make it to the Emergency room and stay there for the remainder of the day. Apparently he had the flu with a small touch of pneumonia. They put an IV in him and gave him some juice and pain killers. Over the course of the evening he started to feel a little better and his fever went down 2 degrees. They let him out and I was grateful. It was not the way I planned to spend my valentine's day. My hair was a mess. Instead of my oh-so-fly navy and red dress, I rocked some raggedy tennis shoes, jeans and a sweatshirt. I was tired, he was sick. And we had to cancel our reservations at the place we'll probably never get into again. :(

But...he's alive. And at home. And we were together. So...I guess all's well that ends well. lol


So I returned home in the wee hours of the morning to my beautiful cozy v-day themed place and sighed. It smells like berries and jasmine.

Maybe I'll leave everything like this and he'll be better by sunday. I think hopefully.

I had no hopes of today being good. I was already tired. I knew that I had to work today. Blah! But to my surprise... It was nice.

I woke up intentionally late. I took my time getting ready for work. I started feeling better. I love not rushing. I got to the train station and even though I'm late, there's a parking space RIGHT in the front. The cars in front of me passed right by it.

Thanks God! I say smiling.

Get out and walk a few steps to the gate. As soon as I get to the top, the train comes. Yay! No waiting in the cold! I plop in my seat and enjoy the ride.

When I get to work, only one other person in my department is here. Woo-Hoo! NO bosses. I can really chillax today!
I get a cup of coffee and I don't even DRINK coffee (except the caramel macchiato from Starbucks) and sit at my desk waiting for my computer to load.

I take my time doing my work and listen to my music without headphones. I dance a little in my cube and chat with friends on facebook.

Today is great!

Usher's mom calls me and asks if I'll come to the CNN center to meet her for lunch.

"Sure!" I say. This is the perfect day for that. I can take the extra time it takes to walk there and back since no one is here anyways.

On my way there, I decide to walk through the Centinnial Park. It's actually pretty nice outside. As I'm walking, I see one of the church members from Free Spirit (otherwise known as TG's church. lol) I wave to her and give her a hug. I had no idea she worked downtown. She says she's waiting for the first lady (who also works downtown.) The first lady arrives and we hug. They tell me they miss me and I feel so guilty for just never coming back to that church. I may have to go visit them again. I'm looking for a church. Might as well go somewhere I already know I like. We chat for a second and promise to do lunch. Ah...that was nice.

I get to the CNN center a few minutes early and browse in waldens bookstore waiting for Usher's mom. There was a lady doing a book signing. I go to the table and she sweetly tells me about her books.

"You should definitely get these. You'll love them. And I'm not just saying that because I'm the author." Her red rimmed glasses shake a little as she throw her head back in a hearty laugh.

"In fact, I'll give you one for free if you buy the other one." She smiled and handed me two books.

"Really? Thanks!" I said. I've been hollering for a week now that I've read all of my books and needed to buy one.

Usher's mom came around the corner as I was in line. I waved to her and she and I embraced.

"You ready to eat?" She said. I love her southern drawl. It's the cutest thing ever.

We walk around and look for a table in the packed place.

"Wow...i forgot that the circus is in town. There are no tables! Well there are some up there" she said pointing to the second level of the building "but you have to be an employee to get up there. Let me ask this guard if he'll let you up there since you're with me."

"The only way I know that could possibly get your daughter up there ma'am is to go to the concierge and ask for a visitor's pass. I don't know if that will work, bur it's the only suggestion I have" The guard said.

"Alright" She sighed. We looked around again for a second and the crowd seemed to have increased, so we headed to the concierge desk.

A cute curly haired man asked if he could help us.

"Yeah, can you give us a quick visitors pass so that my daughter and I can eat upstairs?" Usher's mom said nicely.


"Sure." He smiled and looked at me. "If she has ID."

I pull my work badge off and give it to him. He pecks on his keyboard quickly and looks from my badge picture to me. He smiles and gives me my badge back.

"Come forward so I can take your picture." He says. "Wow. She's so pretty. This is your daughter?" He asks Usher's mom.

She laughs and stumbles over her words for a second. "She's well...my daughter..uh future daughter in law...probably. Most likely. My son...uh...yeah."

"Well, she's very pretty. Bring her back by here if that doesn't work out. In fact, you don't have to bring her" looking at me and smiling "you can just come on back anytime."

Usher's mom laugh. "Hey...my son better step up otherwise I'll put in a good word for ya." She winks at him.

I'm completely floored by the whole exchange. I barely look at either of them and I'm blushing like a mad woman because I'm so embarrassed.

How he gonna ask my boyfriend's mother for a hookup? And how she gonna be like...okay? Ha! A mess. Well she did say no matter what happens between Usher and I, I'm still family and she's on my side. I guess she wasn't playing.

Then she had the nerve to tell Usher when he called! She's funny.

Anyways, we finally ended up eating lunch and she treated, which was like...ICING on the cake. I just got back not long ago and it's already time to go!

What a great simple day! I hope the night is just as wonderful! :)

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...