Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Holiday Date

Friday Dec 28th, 2007
continued...

“Ummmm. Hooow did you get my number?” I questioned.

“Your cousin gave it to me.” He said confidently.

Great! So he has both of our numbers??? WTH?

As if sensing my confusion, he began explaining that she had took a few more “provocative” pictures towards the end of the night and he wasn’t able to develop them then. She gave him her number so she could pick them up at a later time. Apparently he called her this morning to tell her that her pictures were ready and to ask for my number.

I should kill her.

“Oh. Okay?” I said impatiently. I am soooo irritated at my cousin. And his chipperness was not helping.

“Well, I was wondering if you were busy tonight. I’d love to take you out.” He shouted.

Why is this dude so LOUD!!!

“Well I dunno…” I started. But I couldn’t really make up a good lie.

“Aww. Come on Sway. It’ll be fun. We’ll just go out and have some fun. Nothing heavy.” He beamed.

“Ummm…well call me later. I’m still sleep now. I won’t remember this convo very well.”

He said okay and we hung up.

After immediately calling my cousin and chewing her out, I decided that I couldn’t sleep anymore. I hate when my sleep is interrupted. I walk over to my venetian blinds and let the sunshine overtake my living room. Wow…what a beautiful day. I squinted as I looked out my windows at the cars driving by.

I guess it wouldn’t hurt to go out on a mini-date. Besides, I need to get my mind off of Usher. Since Christmas, he’s been calling. He knows how upset I was about Miss. Semi-Naked Girl on his phone. I guess he was just trying to get back in my good graces. That’s what I hate about loving someone. Even though I know he’s lying and I really hate him sometimes, I still really love him…and can’t seem to tear myself away from our usual routines.

I spent the day alone, pondering all of the craziness that is my life for the last month or so, and I feel empty. I was not happy. I hated feeling so disconnected from God. I hated not having a Church home. I hated loving a man that showed ambiguous emotions towards me. I felt so alone. Especially after last night.

Going out for a night on the town with my girls always seem to remind me of the fact that I come home to an empty place. I guess because all my friends have someone waiting for them at home and I always notice that when it’s time to end our festivities, they all seem genuinely happy to do so. I never really am.

My place is a mess still! I have been procrastinating all week about cleaning. And today would be the perfect time to get things in order. I began to clean and talk out loud to God about how I’m feeling. After pouring out my heart I feel a bit lighter. Just a bit. Before long, Brian calls back and I agree to meet him at Barnacles (not the same one as this incident). I take a long, hot shower and take my time getting ready for this date. I have no real interest in him, but I felt like this was a good step towards moving on. I had to start going out…right?

I throw on some jeans and a black fitted shirt with a big black belt. I swear I’d wear that belt everyday if I could. It fits perfectly over my midsection and it gives me the appearance of having an hour glass shape. lol

He wasn’t that tall was he? I ponder this while trying to decide on heels or flats.

Flats!

I put on some black atheleisure shoes and was on my way. He was outside when I pulled up.

Wow. He’s definitely more ripped than I remember. He was dressed in one of those black body shirts which I hate on men. But he actually filled his out, so I was cool with it. He had on a button down shirt over it… opened of course, so you could see his mucsles bulging from his body shirt…and some jeans.

“Heeeeey Beautiful!” He exclaimed. That man knows he loves to smile.

We hug and walk in together. The place was packed. What did I expect…it WAS Friday night!

We find a table and he asks me if I want a drink. I declined. I’m really not that big of a drinker… but I guess he wouldn’t know that from the way I was guzzling them down the night before.

I look around while he looks at the menu. Dang there’s a lot of men here!! Now I’m wishing that I came here with my girls. That’s the thing about going out on dates with people you’re not really interested in… you always find someone else while you’re out that you wish you were with instead.
I felt guilty for checking out the guys while he was in front of me…so I directed my attention towards him.

“So…Brian…what else do you do besides pick up women at the strip club?” I joke.

We began chatting for a while. We ordered, ate, and he drank a few beers.
While with him, I kept thinking to myself, he reminds me of someone.

By the end of the night… I knew. He was the real live version of the UBS guy (Phil LaMarr) from Mad TV. lol














He was fidgety. He couldn’t just sit and talk. He was loud, and moving around and tapping the table… it was a mess! lol

After we ate, he suggested that we go somewhere where we can be a little more active. He admitted that he was a very hyper person. (gee…really? lol) I told him that I couldn’t stay out too long because my girlfriends and I were getting up early tomorrow for a late Christmas surprise.

He looked as if he didn’t believe me, and reluctantly said okay.

We danced for a while at a place call Chit Chat. They had a house band that was straight rocking! I’m definitely into old school music, so I enjoyed myself. I must admit that all the dancing the night before had taken a toll on my body and I couldn’t get down as much as I wanted to. He was a wierd dancer. Not bad really, just wierd. He kept holding his shirt out while he danced. I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do with that. Are you gonna wrap me up in your shirt dude? Are you taking it off? No wait, you're putting it back on. Um... what you want me to feel your stomach? Wait, what are you doing?

Before long, it was getting late…and I really did need to get home. My girlfriend from New York was in town and had a surprise planned for 3 of my other girlfriends and I. She wouldn’t tell us what it was but I kinda had a clue. Her “surprise” required us to be at a certain address at 8:00 in the morning. Ya’ll KNOW I wasn’t feeling that! That means I have to be up at about 6:30am on a SATURDAY??? Only for her. lol

I told Brian that I had a nice time. I did. We hugged and I was relieved that he didn’t try to kiss me or convince me to come to his place. Maybe he realized that there was no chemistry between us too.

As I got in my car, I saw that I had 4 missed calls. One was from one of my friend who left a voicemail asking about tomorrow’s logistics. The other three were from the same number. I didn’t know who the number belonged to…and they didn’t leave a message. Hey…whatever!

I went home and was pleased when I walked in and remembered how nice my place looks when it’s clean.

I smiled as I went to bed. I can’t wait until tomorrow! I love my girls! I thought.


To be continued…

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...