Thursday, January 03, 2008

Holiday Happenings (part 1 of ??)

Friday Dec 21st 2:30pm

I slung my bag over my shoulder and looked back at my desk.

Spotless.

I wanted to have a clean desk to come to in the new year. With a sigh, I proceeded down the hall and on my way home for the holidays. Tonight was my last night at Target and only 3 people knew. I’m not sure why I’m so secretive. I didn’t mean for it to be, but, I didn’t want a whole lot of hoopla. I just wanted to sneak out as quietly as I snuck in. Plus, I wasn’t really in a celebrating mood. I’m just not happy. *sigh* Last year this time, Usher and I were getting ready to go to the cabins with my family. We had such a great time together bonding with each other and my family…I know his presence will be missed this year. It’s gotten me quite down. That…coupled with the fact that we spent the entire new years eve/day together. Just us…a bottle of champagne…and events that easily made it one of my most memorable new years ever. How can I top that this year…alone.

I was in full blown depression. Wishing I could click my heels and these next two weeks would be over.

Saturday Dec 22nd

Why are there soooo many people in the freakin mall?

I thought everyone would have purchased their Christmas gifts by now. The only reason my crazy self is just STARTING my shopping is because I’ve been working non-stop for the last few weeks. I don’t have much to purchase this year. And God blessed me to win a $100 gift card from work two days ago. That definitely helps. Maybe I could buy myself a lil something something.

I spent the entire day shopping. I was so tired when I got home, I just flung myself on the bed and sunk in. I barely noticed my cell vibrating on my dresser.

“Hello?” I said.

“Giiirl you sleep?” Shay beemed. “Only you would be in the bed at 8 o’damn clock.”

“I’m not sleep”. I lied. “What’s up with ya”. I stifled a yawn.

“Nothing much. What u doin tonight?”
She questioned.

“Girl, nothing. Why?”

“Well I was hoping that you’d go to Barnacles with me. You know I’m leaving for NY next week.” She coaxed.

“For real? Awwww I’m gone miss you girl. Which Barnacles you trying to go to?” I said sitting up and looking at myself in the mirror. I look a hot mess.

“The one on Jimmy Carter. That’s close to you right?”

“Yeah. What time you talking ‘bout?” I knew I needed to shower and brush my teeth.

“9-ish. Is that good?” She aked.

“9 is cool. Call me when you on your way. I’m closer… oh wait…do you need a ride?” I forget sometimes that she doesn’t have a car here.

“ Um naw… uh… actually my friiiiend is coming to get me and um… he’s um…bringing his friend too…so…”

Awww hell. I think to myself.

“…they can like… be our dates for the night. I’ll call you when we get close.” She stumbles.

“Shay I’m gone kill you!” I scream before she says bye and quickly hangs up the phone.

I HATE blind dates. I did damage control by making sure that she told him before we got there that I’m NOT his date… we just all hanging.

I’m SOOOOOOO glad I did.

When I got to the table, I almost did a seamless u-turn right back out that door. I was not feeling what I saw.

This is gonna be a loooong night!

But you know me. I tried to make the best of it. My girl seemed genuinely happy to be out with us, so for that it was all worth it.

I drank a little to help loosen up.

Apple Martini please!

Gulp. Ahhh!

It helped.

I talked to him and found out that he was from Ghana. His family won the lottery and he moved here because this is where everyone told him to come. His friend kept saying how RICH my “date” was… as if that would spark my interest.

Um…no.

We had some wangs (wings) and they were slammin. I feel MUCH better.

This ain’t bad after all.

I felt sorry for our waitress. They were working that poor girl. I was sitting with a bunch of hungry alcoholics.

Um…can you get me a drank please?

Yeah, me too!

Hey wait, when you come back, can you put in an order for more lemon pepper wings?

How much are ya’ll shots?


She earned her tip. I mean we closed the thang DOWN. They were looking at us all cross-eyed because we were the only ones still there. I had to stand up, put on my coat, and wait 2 minutes before anyone else even moved.

All in all, I thought they were a pretty cool group.

Until….

Shay’s friend tells my “date” that he should go back in and kick ole girl in the mouth for what she said.

“What did she say?” Shay asked when we were all walking to our car.

“She was talking to the bartender tam’bout ‘Do you want my dollar too? I have enough to share.’ What she trying to say? That ish ain’t funny”

“Wait, ya’ll only gave her one dollar?” Me and Shay say almost simultaneously.

“Yeah. He
(my "date") was supposed to give her the tip. I paid. But still, she ain’t have to say nothing. She act like we was wrong.”

Neegro. Ya’ll WAS wrong.

I couldn’t believe it. I turned around with the intent of giving ole girl a better tip, but they had locked the doors. No one was around.
Dang, that was low. How you gonna run up a hundred dollar tab and give your waitress a dollar? A mess. I was done. Rich my @$$!

I hugged my girl and told her to call me when she got to NY. I was tired. I went home and got ready for Sunday. I had no idea how Church would be nowadays since we’re still visiting. To be honest, I really didn’t want to go to Church at all. We were leaving for the cabins after Service and I had yet to pack. I was hoping to just wake up late and do it.

I guess in hindsight it all worked out the way it was supposed to.

To Be Continued…

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...