Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Beautiful

Today is beautiful. I'm sleepy and tired, student loans pretty much takes my entire salary for the next 5 years, TG and my relationship has been through more turns than a six flags ride, I still haven’t moved into my own place, and this trick ankle I have has been bothering me for over a month…yet… TODAY is beautiful. Even if it was dark, dreary, cold, and rainy, it would STILL be beautiful.

Today is beautiful because I’m here to see it.

Today is beautiful because I have a place to call home, my stomach’s full, I know where my family is, and I’m even happy to know that my annoying co-worker is well. Life is about perspectives. I have so much to be thankful for. The things we take for granted each day. Life itself. Breathing. Seeing, Moving… it goes on. I’m just grateful to God for another day.

My weekend was turbulent, but as usual it ended well. Labor day was nice. TG came over for dinner and we ended up watching a few movies and calling it a night. My parents, TG, and I looked real nice around our table. He told me last night..(and again this morning) that he really felt at home with us. Everything just flowed. No tension, no akward silences. It felt like he’d been eating at our table for years. I pray that he WILL be eating at our table for years….and years…and years. It was very relaxing. It felt like he was family. Which was good in many ways… bad in two. lol. Everyone says that we look alike. When I met his family, I heard some of the women saying to each other, she already look like a G******. I look like I could be his sister honestly. Which was NOT really cool to SAY to me when we went to walmart together before dinner. I’ll admit…I was looking a little homely. I’ve had better days. My hair was air dried (read:poofy) and roughly managed with a headband. I had on some regular carpenter jeans and a black t-shirt, black flip flops. He let it be made known when we got in Walmart that I looked a hot mess. lol. Thanks TG. *eye roll* Anywho…he proceeded to make fun of me and tell me that if anyone asked, I was his sister. Of course that remark was followed by a punch in his left arm…and a long glaring stare. He thought it was hilarious and continued to call me his sister all throughout the day. *sigh* Men. At least he said he loved his sister. *shrug* I guess I can deal with that for a day.

Dinner was cool. Conversation was simple…just like we actually all WERE family and TG WAS my sibling. Moms decided she wanna crack on me and all. It was crazy. lol

TG: Man these beans are good. It has a little extra….extra zing in them.
Mom: Yeah, my special recipe. So TG, can u cook.
TG: Oh yeah. Both my grandmothers had me in the kitchen at 12 learning how to cook. I can throw down. I cook collards, cornbread from scratch, cabbage, etc….
Mom: *glancing at me* Well that’s good. It’ll definitely come in handy.
Me: *looking at my plate like…I can’t believe she just said that*

How DARE my momma say that. How she gone incenuate that I can’t cook? ME. Chef Swayzee… the master of the kitchen? Man, I don’t know WHY she playing. I’m the BOMB cereal maker and I can toast the heck outta some bread! lol

Naw…but for real it was all in good fun though I seemed to be the butt of everyone’s jokes. *shrug* At least my daddy was quiet. Maybe i'll make him a cake for his good behavior. lol It’s all good though… payback is a’coming for the rest! lol


Anywho… I hope all had a great holiday. And continue to pray for everyone affected by all the floods around the world. Pray for peace. Pray for direction from God. Pray that all will be well. God is still in control…and He still can change situations and circumstances! God Bless!

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...