Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Lettin it Burn....

Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
- unknown.


I'm glad I had a long weekend. It gave me some time to enjoy myself and my friends. I must say, the abrupt way my relationship with Anthony ended left me a little speechless and in a lot of pain. But what I quickly learned about myself over the weekend is that my ability to bounce back is by far the best ever! I feel pretty darn good. :)


I didn't do much more than most ppl this weekend. I graced a few barbeques... got real ghetto and took some tupperware to the BBQ's so I could take a butt load of food home for my lunch this week. lol. I also went bowling...went to see some fireworks...went shopping and yesterday I went swimmin ... but um...why was it soooo hotttt??? I mean a sista could hardly breathe. I could only stay in the pool for like 10 minutes cuz all the water pretty much evaporated from all that heat....and the little that was left pretty much started to boil my brown behind. So for the most part, I stayed inside.

I really don't have anything else I wanna say about this weekend...so i'll just leave you with this little email one of my homeboys sent me to encourage me to "drop all the excess weight". Gone.

Put the Glass Down


A lecturer was giving a lecture to his student on stress management. He raised a glass of water and asked the audience,

"How heavy do you think this glass of water is?"

The students' answers ranged from 20g to 500gm. He replied to them,

"The absolute weight of the glass of water does not matter. Heaviness depends on how long you hold it".

If you hold it for a minute, it would probably feel OK. If you hold it for an hour, you will have an ache in your right arm. If you hold it for a day, you will have to call an ambulance. It is the exact same weight, but the longer you hold it, the heavier it becomes."


Sometimes we carry things/people/situations in our lives that may not seem heavy at first and we carry them with ease... but sooner or later, these "things" become "burdens" and if we carry our burdens all the time, we will end up needing serious help because the burden has becoming increasingly heavy."

What you have to do is to put the glass down and rest. We have to put down our burdens periodically, so that we can be refreshed and are able to carry on. Not everything we're able to carry is worth carrying.
Whatever burdens you are having now on your shoulders, let it down for a moment... or forever if need be. Rest and relax. Life is short, enjoy it!!

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...