Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Inter.rupted

Well… I was all excited about spending my week long vacation next week in Myrtle Beach.   My friend TJ and I reserved a nice oceanfront suite with 2 balconies… one in the bedroom and one in the living room.  I was literally counting down the days (8 days, 3hours, and 14minutes) until we rode off into the sunset heading towards the beach.  Well unfortunately TJ’s grandfather was just admitted into the hospital the other day and the doctors found brain tumors… yes TUMORSSSS… and all grandpa had to say was … “Listen here…I’m 75 years old and  ain't nobody poked no holes in my brain yet… and they ain't gone start now.”
 
Of course TJ’s family are all worried because he has so many tumors and no one knows just how long he has to live… so TJ called me yesterday to tell me that he needs to go back home to Arkansas to see grandpa.  Even though he said he’d be back in time to go to Myrtle Beach… I just wasn’t feeling it anymore.  We wouldn’t be able to have as much fun as I’d like while thinking about Grandpa and his tumors.  So we cancelled all our reservations and I’ll just be sitting around the house all week for my burrrrthay.
 
I was REALLY hurt about it last night though. I really wanted to just get away ya know?  So much has happened in the last month …some of which I’ve blogged on…others of which I have pretty much kept to myself… but I NEEDED this vacation.  I needed to fall asleep in the arms of a friend while letting the sound of the melodic ocean waves sooth my every worry.  I really NEEDED to think about nothing but finding unbroken sea shells in the sand and only worrying about if the bottom of my pants are getting wet from walking along beach shore.  I actually cried last night because I wanted to go away that bad.  I mean there are other people I could have went with and other things I can still do, but I dunno.  It was just something special about TJ and I going… together… at this time in our lives.  He says we can go next month maybe…but I don’t think it’ll be the same.  I’ll get over it though.  As you can tell… I don’t deal with “change of plans” too well.  I think that was my biggest problem… I don’t like surpises… I don’t like changes to what I feel are perfect plans. You’d think by now I’d be used to it. But it’s just something I can’t get used to.  I dunno.
I really hope grandpa feels better though. I sincerely do. Gone.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...