Thursday, July 27, 2006

A quickie...

So besides having these nightmares, everything else has been going pretty well in the land of Sway.

My birthday is Sunday, so after today, I’ll be on a mini vacation until Tuesday.
Usher and I are doing good. Of course we’re up to our usual fight/cuddle action. Monday night he even told me that he’s falling in love with me. (awwwww) My heart melted a little.

Work is going well too. I’ve been busy enough to make the day go by faster, but not so busy that I feel like slapping my co-workers and quitting. We’ve been getting spoiled around here lately because we’ve been having a lot of meetings where lunch was provided. Yesterday was the first time in a while that we all had to fend or ourselves at lunch time. None of us was too thrilled about that…so a few of us (read: the black folks in my dept.) found another department that had food and crashed their meeting. We were officially the meeting crashers. *smh* I guess not really. We didn't actually crash the meeting. We just circled the conference room until they were done, hid in the cut until they left…and immediately stocked up on food like we hadn’t ate in 2 weeks. All our grown, business suit, behinds were running back and forth to our desk piling up on the catered food from Moe's. The four of us were sooo happy we found free food. When our sneaky greedy behinds realized that there was sweet tea in there too, we ran back in there, only to be greeted by one of the meeting participants. She was looking at us all dirty. I felt like a little kid getting caught stealing from a candy store.
Dang…we should have ate our nachos and enchiladas with water. *shrug* That was the BEST food I've ever tasted. And i'm not even lying. I don't know why free food, that you actually have to steal taste SOOOO much better than food you pay for. lol

Church is….well it’s Church. I’m still at Free Spirit…aka “TG’s Church” but I must admit, I haven’t been going there as much as I should. Partly because service starts at 7:30 am…and I usually don’t leave Usher’s house until 2-3am the night before. Partly because I don’t feel like driving that far. Partly because it’s been really convenient for me to go to my old church now that I’ve officially “unjoined”. They don’t ask me to participate in anything anymore so i feel a lot more relaxed. It’s almost like…for the first time in years, I have no responsibilities in church. If I don’t show up, no one would care. No one’s waiting for me to teach Sunday school. I’m not singing or dancing every Sunday. No one's waiting for me to start intercessory prayer. So lately, I've been waking up and rolling back over until 9.
I know it’s bad. Hopefully I’ll get out of this slump soon. I miss Free Spirit. I’m gonna go this Sunday and stop playing.

As much as I hate to admit it… I know another reason I’ve been kinda hesitant about going. I know how much Usher hates it. I know I know. I shouldn't care about that. He doesn't run this...I gotta do what’s best for me... yada yada yada. But I'd be lying if I said that it affects me that he doesn’t like the church. I guess about as much as it affects him that I DO like the church. We’ve decided to squash the beef though. He “says” he’s alright with it and encourages me to go…but I still feel a little weird now even though I shouldn’t.

Speaking of weird, your boy’s been blowing my phone up leaving me messages and stuff. Yeah, TG’s tried to make a comeback more than Jordan and Mariah put together! Unlike them though… he has been THOROUGHLY unsuccessful.
I’m tired of him playing the concerned, "I never stopped loving you" role. *eye roll*
Cut your losses and move on like a man!

Well you guys… I’m gonna be off until tuesday and I am estatic! Tomorrow’s payday and I am looking forward to a happy birthday. Ya’ll know, with the exception of last year (here), I haven’t really had good birthday experiences (here). So wish me luck in making “good birthdays” the norm!

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...