Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Nightmares on Sway's Street

I’ve always been one of those people who believed that dreams were either unconscious desires, useless images/concepts you’ve subjected your mind to during the day, or divine communication with your subconscious.

My thing has always been to try and figure out which one MY dreams were.
I’ve even went as far as to buy dream interpretation books and everything. I’m really into this stuff.

I guess because over the years I’ve had some very vivid, very real dreams about things and people and events that left me speechless when I woke up. Dreams that I remember to this day. Dreams that makes people’s eyes bulge and heart beat fast when I tell it to them.

Usually these dreams are far and few in between…but I remembered them all.
Then last year I started dreaming about animals. Yeah I said animals. Stop looking at me funny.

I had about 4 dog dreams last year. Not just regular dreams with dogs in them… the dogs were like…one of the major players in these dreams. I mean, one time I woke up and literally felt the dog bite on my behind for the next two days! I knew that they meant something, but couldn’t figure out what they meant.

Well…around September of last year, I stopped having those dreams. And kinda forgot all about it.

As fate would have it… two weeks ago, I had my latest dog dream. This one I got bit in as well. Twice on my left hand to be exact.

I woke up as usual with a bewildered frown on my face and wondered what all that meant. I shrugged it off as the day went by and figured I’d know in due time. But the craziest thing happened. Usually after a dream like that, I go for months without having any bad dreams. But in the last two weeks, the dreams kept coming and coming.

For two consecutive nights, I dreamt that Usher got shot. I don’t remember him dying in either dream, but it could be because I woke up right after I saw the blood. A few nights after that, I dreamt that my car got stolen, the night after that, I lost my job...and the night after that, my parents died in a car crash.
*sigh*

This can't be a good thing. How many people have 6 bad dreams in 10 nights?

I can’t understand why such negative dreams. I haven’t been eating late as the old folks would suspect. And I haven’t been watching tv…so I have no idea where these dreams are formulating, and why in such a short time span.

It has me a little worried. Not really in the sense that these dreams are literal truth, and all this will happen just like the dream...but more so in the symbolic sense. I also wonder if these are premonitions of hardships to come, or my unconsious way of seeing/dealing with the things that have happened already.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...