Wednesday, November 17, 2004

You don't know like I know....

I wasn't gonna write anything today, but I can't pass up an opportunity to tell you how good God is. I went to the doctor about 2 hours ago and I'm just getting back. Ya'll when I say that God is Good, I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I've never talked about my health to anyone but a few select friends. And even then, I'm very vague and cautious about what I say. The only thing that i pretty much talk about on a regular basis is the crazy and random back spasms I get from doing something as normal as bowling or riding a rollercoaster. Anywho... without going into much details, because I honestly feel that I am about to cry right now, I was having some pain in my ovaries a couple of weeks ago. And anyone who know anything about anything would know that ovary pain is NEVER a good sign. Especially when the pain is so great, I could hardly walk straight by the time I got to the doctor. I literally walked in hunched over and holding my lower abdomen. Anyways, when i went to the doctor last friday, they told me that I had a condition which is damaging my ovaries and fallopian tubes and that I had a 70% chance of being sterile because of it. 70% ya'll!!! That's nooooooot what I wanted to hear. Anyways, they gave me some meds to stop the swelling and told me to come back this week so they can assess the damage since they couldn't tell last week due to the enlarged ovaries. Anyway, I went back today and they told me that contrary to what they thought they'd see... my ovaries are now fine and that I should be able to have children with no problem.

I cried and thanked God all the way back to the office. I never really thought about not being able to have children before. Its amazing how much we take for granted. For the past 5 days though, I realized how important having my own child is to me. Nothing will force you to think of how much you love something like having that something become inaccesible to you. I'm so thankful. SO THANKFUL. The entire situation is a testimony in itself. I skipped alot...but just know that God truly worked a miracle in my life!

1 John 5:14-15 - Please go read it. That scripture has been in my spirit for 2 weeks now. I won't quote it cuz i don't know it verbatim...but read it....learn it.... live it.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...