Thursday, March 03, 2022

Predictable

Well, if nothing else...

I

AM

PREDICTABLE!

3 year gap between my posts. How predictable! 

I actually thought about the blog in 2020, but then the world changed. What's really important in life became spotlighted during the Pandemic.  You saw the good, the bad, and the ugly of humanity. 

Raw emotions, panic, loneliness, and pain. 

You also saw compassion, peace, togetherness, and reflection.

Nothing but time for many of us to deal with our thoughts and our family.  Thing we swept under the rug... 

For others, it was a time of complete chaos. Healthcare and grocery store workers putting their lives on the line everyday...working unimaginable shifts. Seeing the best and the worst in others...

2020 was a year like no other. 

Politics polarized us. Divided us. Tore friendships. Exposed hearts.

Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor....  Angered us. Broke our hearts. United us and divided us.  Black Lives Matter. 

On top of that we watched our loved ones suffer. Hurt. Die. Loose Jobs. Loose families. Turn to alcohol. Go stir crazy. 

We watched, we prayed, we protested, we hoped. 

Then 2021 came...and we were ready to put 2020 behind us.  

But 2020 couldn't be forgotten.  It had changed EVERYTHING.

I thought about this blog in 2021 too. But I didn't know what to say.  So much had happened. So much was still happening.  Vaccine or nah? Masks or nah? Vacation or nah?  

When will I get my stuff? What's going to happen when unemployment benefits run out? Should I go to the doctor for a check-up or wait some more? Who's going to watch the kids when I return to the office?  

People were dealing with soooo much! How do you write it all in a post...

I know 4 close ladies who got divorced in 2020.  It seemed that all that time to reflect... all that togetherness in the house can expose some things. 

Either it brought you closer or tore you apart... i don't believe 2020 left anyone the same as they were.

I am grateful that Usher and I survived...and thrived. I was blessed to work from home and as an introvert, I loved EVERY MOMENT of that.  Usher actually started his own business during the pandemic and it is still going strong. Thank GOD!! We were blessed to not be negatively impacted by the pandemic and I am so humbled and thankful that our families weren't either.

We lost a fellow blogger last year to COVID. 

FAVE was beautiful.  A friend, a minister of the gospel, a comedian, and a truly talented singer/songwriter. He will be missed and never forgotten.

I lost quite a few people over these last few years. It's sobering to know that I'll loose so many more as the years keep coming.

It makes you think of your own mortality. I've had a few scares these last few years.  I've realized how fragile life is and how precious.  I'm learning to appreciate each and every day... each and every breath. No day is promised. Seize each moment and make a positive difference.

I started by saying that I am predictable.  It's true. I jump from topic to topic... I never proof read, I always come back here. lol

But that's about all that is predictable. Life isn't. The world isn't. Nothing else really is. We must embrace change and try to thrive in the revised plan or we will lose. I pray that you all are still well...still here...and able to maneuver in our new normal. God Bless!

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...