Wednesday, October 04, 2006

HE changed Me (part 3)

David was nothing like my first love, GT. GT was shy but quietly strong. Dark with a dazzling smile. He was serious about school and continuously talked about his goals. He was one of those guys most girls labeled as a “nice guy”.
David…however, was not like that. He was a complete showoff. Always entertaining a crowd…always making jokes…always dressed as if he was Tyson Beckford. Actually, I don’t think anyone could have convinced him he wasn’t Tyson. The only thing David came to school for was to chat it up with friends, and play sports.

After talking to him for a while, I realized that he was soooo not my type. His infatuation with himself and his POLO clothes irritated me to no end. Yet he persistently persued me…and the more we talked, the more he let down his guard. I got a chance to see a side of David that many didn’t even know he had. I always find the good in people. I liked the new David I saw and my interest became genuine.

We talked after school everyday for about two months. The New Year came and went. He suggested often that we go out, but every time he did I’d lie and say that I had other plans. Truth was…I quite ready to "officially date"yet. We had gotten to the point where he’d carry my books to a few of my periods…he’d sit with me and Biah at lunch…and we’d even started kicking it after school before our respected practices…but going out was a different story. That meant I had to take him home to meet my parents.

The first week back after the New Year’s break I gave in to his advances and went out on our first date. I didn’t really know what to expect. He had his own car and this would be my first time ever going on a date with out a parent driving.
Friday night came surprisingly fast, and before I knew it, my mom had interrogated him within an inch of his life…and after that… were finally free from her…from school…from everyone. We were completely alone and I was thrilled.

My first real date!!!

I had no idea what to expect. But I did know one thing… we were going to kiss a lot. Uninterupted. With no fear of a straggling teacher turning the corner afterschool and catching us.

He was a perfect gentleman that night. He opened my car door, held my hand, payed for everything…there was nothing he didn’t do.
I guess I had him pegged wrong…
What happened to our kissing all night? I wondered.

I must have been a little more curious about this stuff than he was.
He drove me home with not so much as a peck the whole night.

Maybe he’s waiting for the goodnight kiss.
Does my breath stink?
Is my lips chapped?


I casually reach into my purse and pull out my chapstick. He doesn’t seem to notice.

“So what are you doing tomorrow?” He asked.

I shrugged. “ I dunno. Nothing probably. You?”

“I was hoping to see you again.” He smiled.

“Sure” I replied. He gave me a hug and paused slightly before moving in for a small peck on my lips.

That’s it?

“Night, Sway. I’ll call you tomorrow. Can’t wait to see you.” He beamed.

Guess that IS it.

For the next 3 weeks we went out every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The peck became a kiss…which became more and more as the weeks went by.

I was loving all of the affection and attention. He was very gentle, passionate and never too overbearing. He'd initiate all contact, but always let me lead how long and what we did next.

I guess that’s why I was so surprised when one saturday night during our normal smooching session, he stood up and pulled out a rubber.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...