Tuesday, May 11, 2004

So when did blogger (blogspot) change it's site?

I guess I've been gone for a while. I am just realizing everything's different here. I think I like it better. I'm not sure yet. Anyway... I've been scared to write. There's been plenty of things to shoot the breeze about but sometime in the last week, I've become fairly superstitious. I mean not about everything, but I think I've been so afraid to write about what's been going on because it seems that everytime I write about something or someone....things change...and I don't want things to change.

I met a guy. The first time our eyes met they locked and neither of us could shift our gaze. There were no fireworks or butterflies. No floating feeling or sweaty palms... but something was there. We conversed for a while and on a whim, I gave him my info.

We would talk every once in a while and I became more and more interested in him, well at least until I found out he was younger than I. This has always been an issue for me. I don't know why I have this complex...but I just WON'T date a younger guy... it immediately turns me off. So, I started to distance myself from him and I think he sensed it because the further I strayed, the harder he tried to pull me back in. Well finally I agreed to see him again, to just chill or what not the saturday b4 last and I had the best time I've had in a long while. When I saw him again, I instantly remembered why I gave him my number in the first place. He's a real down to earth cat and I didn't even notice the age difference...which is VERY rare for me b/c usually it's all I can think about.

I felt like I was at home. I got so comfortable there that I kicked off my shoes, curled up on the couch and just layed there and talked to him for nearly the entire afternoon. It felt good to meet someone that noticed and appreciated the little things about me. Like.. he realized that I have two small freckles/moles/i dunno..... on my face.. one close to my lip and one by my left eye. I mean they are sooooo small you'd have to practically be IN my skin to see them, but he noticed. He also noticed that I blink twice really fast before I blush. I thought it was cute that he was so attentive. I left his house before sunset and hoped he thought of me as much as i thought of him.

HE CALLED the next day to say he was thinking of me. I didn't know guys still did that. I was happy to learn otherwise. I didn't have time to talk for long, but all day, I thought of him. He said that he had to see me again. So we decided to go to the Najee concert at Centennial Park together. I was so excited. See, when I daydream between working and blogging, I often picture myself on a warm day at the park with someone special, just relaxing...enjoying nature and each other. So this was really special for me.

AB, (who happens to have the same first name as my last love interest,AM) was waiting outside for me when I got to his house. I wanted to meet him there b/c I wanted an excuse to come back there once we left the concert. It was just that cozy. :) I must say, that wednesday outing with AB was exactly what I needed. We kissed goodnight and I smiled all the way home.

My high ended that night when I received a phone call from AM. Yup. A freakin M . This so and so hadn't called me in like 2 weeks before that saturday I went out with AB. And he just so happen to call at the times AB and I were out or talking to one another... so I'd always tell him that I'll call him back. I guess the harsh reality hit him that Sway wasn't paying him any attention anymore b/c she's now intersted in someone else... well like a true brotha....his little feelings were hurt that I wasn't stroking his ego and wasn't there for him as much...so he brought out his A game to try and "win" me back. So thursday afternoon, AM shows up at my job with "just because" flowers and he asked me if I had plans for that night. He asked if I'd hang with him b/c he missed my company and he begin to explain why he's been distant lately. I listened... I'm not sure if I should have.

Anyway, he drove me to his place after work and we chilled with Omar for a while. Around 10, i asked him to take me back to get my car so I could head home. He wasn't trying to hear it. He wanted me to come with him and Omar to the club for a little while. After 30 minutes of him begging and me saying no, i finally said okay. Let me tell you that was the craziest experience I had in a long time. I'll tell you about it tomorrow. I'm sure that story will take up a whole post. So til then...

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...