Monday, August 14, 2006

Smile

God
Is
Good.

Period.

There’s no other way to put it. I’ve been struggling a lot this year with my spirituality as I try to sort through my changing views on life, my relationship with the Father, and my beliefs about how they coincide. But no matter what I feel, how confused I get, how much I think I don’t know… I keep coming back to these two truths. God is real, and God is Good.

I just needed to get that out. :)

I've been a lazy blogger lately. I dunno why.*sipping tea* I guess I just haven't felt like typing a whole lot...but I'll make it up today. Promise. lol

My weekend was nice. I honestly don’t remember much about Friday but I know it came and went so… *shrug*

Saturday was Usher’s mother’s birthday, so most of the day we were running around getting her birthday requests taken care of. It was kinda fun. She asked for us to wash and detail her SUV for her. So we did what any loving person would do for their parent...went on a quest to find that. lol
We're so lazy.

So we started our quest the right way...we went straight to the hood.

We pulled in the first "car wash" place we saw and sure enough...a crackhead told us he’d detail the entire thing, inside and out…for *drumroll please*
.
.
.
.
six bucks.

I was like dang holmes? That’s it? *eye brows raised*

He was like “yeah, I’ll wash yo car, shine your tires up, get the stains out the carpet, make it smell good, vacuum, put rain x on ya windows… I’ll do it all… I just need 6 bucks.”

Usher and I looking at each other… “Aight”.

So we waiting RIGHT by the car so no funny biznass can go on… and brutha man was working it OUT for his 6 bucks.
His other crackhead friends were coming up trying to talk to him and stuff… and it was funny watching him trying to shew them away from his “customers” since he was now a biznass man. lol

But I gotta say. Homeboy did a good job. Usher shot him a 20 and we went on our way. I hadn’t seen someone so happy in my life. I feel kinda bad for funding an addiction … but dang Usher momma’s whip look NIIIIICE!

We ended up going to Benihana that evening with his family. I really like them. All of 'em are crazy! Well except his mom, but she’s been around the nonsense for so long that she blends right on in. We’re all sitting around the table waiting for the show while Usher and his dad talk that trash, when this skinny black man comes over and introduces himself as our chef for the night. Everyone looked at each other and around the restaruant at everyone else's chef and got real quiet for about .03423 seconds before the laughter reigned and the jokes began to roll. We like… all these Japanese chefs here…and poor Bernard gets OUR table. They are gonna be messing with him ALL night...subjecting him to our crazy talk. Including him in the jokes...everythang. lol

It was cool though… he had some get back… and I actually think that he made our night even more entertaining.

Everything was good although I think their food is overpriced. There’s a place called Daruma’s in conyers where I can get the same thing/same show for about $30 cheaper. *shrug*

We didn't get back to Usher's place until like...11:30. By midnight I was fussing at Usher to go to bed because Sunday was the BIG day. He needed to get as much rest as he could cuz I wasn't hearing ANY excuses about how he couldn't go to church with me.

So, Usher FINALLY met my parents! *dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuun*

I had to pick him up since his car is still completely messed up from the accident last week, but when I saw him I had to pat myself on the back. I did GOOD ya'll! lol

He came to church looking as he says “young fresh ta def” . lol

I guess because I’ve never seen him in a suit, he really caught me off guard.
I was a proud chica. :)

We got to church early and plopped on the front row where my parents usually sit and I introduced my folks to him quickly and we sat down.
Of course as soon as we sat down, he leaned over and whispered… “all of ya’ll short”. lol

Gee…thanks babe! *eye roll*

Anywho…church was good. You know everybody was staring at us. Probably wondering who in the heck is this 6’1 man in the front row leaning wit it and rockin wit it? *smh*

Yes ya’ll… I made a big mistake. I purposely took him on the 2nd Sunday because that’s when the young folks choir sings…and they have a knack for getting a little “too crunk” for church if you know what I mean. He didn’t believe me when I told him a few weeks ago that they seriously play young joc at church so I invited him to see this craziness for himself.

So just like clock work…in the middle of service, the chirrun got stirred up and the musicians got to playing TI’s “What u know about that” and it just went from there… we had a whole lil concert… Shoulder lean… Lean wit it rock wit it… everythang. *smh* Lawd Lawd Lawd.

Of course the older folks…(and me too) were just sitting there with an appalled look on our face like… ARE.YOU.FOR.REAL?

Let’s just say, that this was Usher’s favorite part of the service… his crazy behind done got OUT his seat straight dancing with the choir… ON the front row….with his very conspicuous behind! lol

But it was all good. That’s Usher for you. *mumbling…I can’t take him nowhere!* lol

After Church we went to dinner with my parents, but not before stopping by his aunt’s house (since we were out that way) so that she could see him. I guess he doesn’t get over that way much because she nearly fainted she was so happy to see him. He introduced me and she just thought we were the cutest lil things on earth. She all inviting us in and asking us to sit down and I’m like… thanks...but uh, we gotta go…

Of course not before she snaps a pic or two though. lol



Poor camera didn't do a good job of relaying the sexy though. :(
Homeboy was wayyy flyer than this can show. lol

We left there and rushed to folks to find my parents, my uncle and his girlfriend already seated.

Usher decides to break the ice after we sit down by looking over at my mom and saying “Well, I guess you like me okay since you haven’t jumped over the table and lashed out at me.”

To which my mom replied with a straight face... “Naw I haven't... yet”.

Oooooooooh! It has begun. lol

It was all in good fun though. Usher said some things that I’m SURE my parents didn’t like, but he was charming and funny too.

All in all, I think that the day went pretty darn good.

*sigh of relief*

Now…next order of business…surviving the upcoming weekend. Both Usher and my mother are celebrating birthdays this weekend. *faints* Pray for me! We leo's are expensive.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...